Jaco is a town where you can be naughty or nice. Get your friends together for a bachelor party and wild it out, or do drinks and dancing as a date night. Fine dining options abound, as do bars and even a Vegas style casino. Some highlights of the city are:
- The Beatle Bar can be characterized as the local dive bar. Sexy bartenders, flowing drinks and classic rock and roll, it’s a favorite hangout for expats.
- Jaco Blu Beach Club offers pool parties every weekend, and you can stop by any time for lunch or drinks.
- Clarita’s is the place to go if you want to hang with the locals and dance to salsa music.
- Orange Pub is a nightclub for the younger crowd where you can have a few drinks and dance the night away.
- The Casino at Croc´s Resort is the spot if you’d like to try your hand at gambling.
Clubs / Discos
- Republik Lounge : Republik Lounge only opens at the weekend, but often packs out during that time. It offers the usual drinks specials, ladies’ nights, and bottle service standard in Jaco. That’s a lot for just Friday and Saturday nights! Located across from Adobe Rent a Car.
- XTC : Every night is ladies’ night at XTC! Well, every night except for Mondays and Tuesdays, when this club takes a couple of days off. On the second floor on the east side of the main street (not the beach side) in the center of town – you’ll find it! XTC is a newer club with great specials, go-go dancers on and around the bar, and a cool balcony.
- ManCave : ManCave is one of my favorites. My wife and I are not big party people, but when we go out, this is the style we like. A mix between a sports bar and club, you have great VIP areas, TV’s on almost every wall, great drinks, and the staff is always eager to help. This is a great place to start your night out at with a few drinks with the beautiful people. After ManCave, head out to one of the other more late night places.
- Orange Pub : Orange Pub could be the largest club in Jaco – the space is massive. Like many other clubs in town, with excellent drink promos, beautiful people, and go-go dancers around the bar and dance areas. They also have some nice VIP sections that make for excellent people watching. This place can get hot!
- Black Marlin : Another new club on the main strip. Originally on the far south side of Jaco, towards Crocs, it’s now right next to Le Loft. My impression is that Black Marlin is more of a local hangout trying to find its footing. There are a few VIP spots, but Black Marlin is more of a dance place with no real seating. Good drinks and another place to mark as visited if you are doing the Jaco club crawl.
- Le Loft : Le Loft is the granddaddy of clubs in Jaco, the go-to spot for amazing all-nightes that don’t stop until the sun comes up. Unless things have changed, Le Loft is the only club in Jaco with a 24-hour liquor license. This property is small, but packs the house almost every night. Get there early, but plan on leaving late. The perfect place to finish your Jaco club crawl. Great bottle service, ice-cold beer and plenty of beautiful people to hang out with.
- Cocal Casino : So there is no real way to describe this property. Years ago, the Cocal was a great beachfront family hotel, but has since changed to THE place to go for guys looking to mingle with beautiful women. As odd as it sounds, Cocal has some of the best bar food around, with great drinks and endless eye candy to view or socialize with. If you’re a guy traveling with your family or with a girlfriend/spouse, this is not the place to go.